By Dr. Alison Brynelson | Superintendent Mukilteo School District
The district Coronavirus COVID-19 webpages will be updated regularly as we learn new information, post announcements and answer additional questions. Please check back often.
March 12, 2020 Family message about closure
Our district has been following guidance from Snohomish Health District and the state Department of Health to stay open as long as possible. In response to Governor Inslee’s upcoming announcement at 2 p.m. today and our district’s needs, the course has now changed. We’ve made the decision to close all schools in Mukilteo School District starting tomorrow, March 13, through April 24. We will reassess the situation throughout that time and communicate any updates well before April 24.
We recognize this closure will create hardships for families and we will continue working to provide resources as best we can. In the coming days, you will hear from us with updates about:
- Available meals for children provided at school sites
- Available childcare during school hours for families who are not able to remain home or serve in critical community roles such as healthcare and first responders
- Available resources to support students
We will continue to provide updated information over the coming days and weeks. We ask for your patience in receiving responses to your questions or concerns as we work through the many aspects of this unprecedented situation.
We strongly urge families to follow the updated guidance from Snohomish Health District and the state Department of Health for social distancing and other precautions to slow the spread of this virus.
Thank you for your continued patience and support. We’ll be in communication with you again soon.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands