By Mayor Nicola Smith | City of Lynnwood
These are uncertain times, and we are learning more and more each day about the coronavirus. I want to thank all of our community members who are doing their part to increase social distancing, staying away from others when they are feeling unwell, and helping to slow the spread of this virus.
As we navigate these next several weeks with school closures, senior center closures, and our large gatherings such as worship services and community events on hold, I ask that you please remain vigilant.
Continue to take care of your health by following the recommendations from the Snohomish Health District. Consider the health and wellbeing of our community’s most vulnerable individuals, and understand that we all play a part in our community’s resiliency.
Please check on your friends and neighbors who may be caring for loved ones, experiencing hardship, and feeling isolated. We have a very giving and compassionate community. If you need help, please reach out to your local church, community group, or your local Buy Nothing group. There are resources available for workers experiencing unemployment or underemployment, there is nutrition for students and seniors in need, and many relief opportunities for utilities.
To our community’s police officers, firefighters and paramedics, nurses, doctors, public health and other medical professionals, thank you for all you are doing to respond to this public health crisis and working to keep our community safe.
Please take care of yourselves and each other.
- Updates and information from the City of Lynnwood, including online services: LynnwoodWA.gov
- Updates from Edmonds School District, information on where to get grab and go lunches: https://www.edmonds.wednet.edu/news/what_s_new/a_message_regarding_c_o_v_i_d-19
- Homage Senior Services: https://homage.org/
- Snohomish Health District Website snohd.org/ncov2019
- Washington State Department of Health https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
- King County Health District https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/communicable-diseases/disease-control/novel-coronavirus.aspx
- Employment Security Department Resources for workers who are affected by COVID-19 due to unemployment / underemployment: https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19?fbclid=IwAR1E13lX3l4nWYgLrxr1I8FZIh2WhYFk0Xi6PcOnfQA1umJOpa3fC9E0-68
- Small Business Association Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus: https://www.sba.gov/about-sba/sba-newsroom/press-releases-media-advisories/sba-provide-disaster-assistance-loans-small-businesses-impacted-coronavirus-covid-19
Find online city services by visiting www.LynnwoodWA.gov call City Hall at 425-670-5000.