Lynnwood’s Spring and Summer events canceled
By Julie Moore | City of Lynnwood Public Affairs Officer
Spring and summer months in Lynnwood are some of our favorite times to connect and celebrate with our community members. Due to the current health crisis, the City of Lynnwood has made the decision to cancel some of our beloved community events in 2020. Although these decisions were difficult, the long-term health and safety of our community members and our city staff are a top priority.
The following events and activities have been cancelled for 2020:
- Arbor Day Celebration
- Earth Day Park Service Day
- Salmon Hatchery Open House
- Memorial Day Ceremony
- EGGS-plore Art Reception (look for virtual event coming soon)
- Lynnwood Police Department’s Cops & Kids Event
- Mayor Smith’s State of the City Address (look for virtual event coming soon)
- History & Heritage Days (June event)
- Lynnwood Police Department’s Kids Police Camp
- Shakespeare at the Park performance series at Lynndale Amphitheatre
- Fair on 44th – Lynnwood’s Community Health & Safety Summer Block Party
We want to say thank you to our Lynnwood community, all our sponsors and partners, and volunteers for your continued ongoing support of our community events and gatherings.
City Staff are currently working on ideas for smaller, neighborhood-based events and engagement opportunities. Our hope is to offer community members many opportunities to connect and have fun, while maintaining recommended physical distancing and enhanced hygiene practices. Please stay tuned for more information and check out our Events Calendar and City Facebook page for updated information.
Until then, we miss you and we can’t wait until we can see you all again!