Recently, a seat on the Planning Commission became available to the public. Councilman Jared Mead would like to give community members an opportunity to apply. Below is information including: requirements, preferred skills, and additional information on the position below.
Below are the requirements for the vacancy from county code (SCC 2.08.080):
- The nominee must be a legal resident of the council district for which he or she is nominated;
- The nominee may not be a Snohomish County employee unless serving as a temporary appointee; and
- The nominee must have sufficient time to attend all scheduled meetings; and
- Knowledge of land use theories and growth management legislation
- Minimal potential for conflict of interest
- A demonstrated interest in the welfare of Snohomish County
- Ability to add balance to countywide representation on the commission
- A background in one or more of the following: architecture, law, farming, recreation, finance, real estate, environment, construction, fisheries, engineering, appraisal, land use planning, education, related backgrounds, or job knowledge or interests that will add balance to the commission
The terms are four years, with a limit of three terms. The planning commission meets monthly on the fourth Tuesday from 5:30 ‘till close (typically between 7-9p).
Please reach out to Councilman Jared Mead’s office with the subject headline: Planning Commission Vacancy if you or someone you know may qualify and would be a great fit for this vacancy.
County Councilman Jared Mead Contact Information
Snohomish County Council
3000 Rockefeller Ave., M/S 609
Everett, Washington 98201
8th floor, Robert J. Drewel Building
Legislative Aide: Angela Ewert, email@example.com