By Mario Lotmore | Lynnwood Times Staff
Orlando, Fla., February 28, 2021 – Former President Donald J Trump, in his keynote address Sunday afternoon at Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), delivered an America First message that defined Trumpism as the convictions of the Republican party in the years ahead.
During his speech, the former president criticized current President Joe Biden’s first month in office, accused the Democrat party of adopting philosophies of “disdain for America,” criticized the U.S. Supreme Court for lacking the “courage to act” in cases alleging that the lower courts violated the Electors Clause of the U.S. Constitution, and laid out the guidelines to election reform.
President Trump lamented on the passing of conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh by saying, “Rush is irreplaceable but his spirit lives on” and adamantly proclaimed that he is not going to start a new political party.
“Fake news…Wouldn’t that be brilliant? Let’s start a new party and divide our vote so that you can never win. We aren’t interested in that.”
However, the former president did hint at another run for the White House by saying, “I may even decide to beat them for a third time!”
Throughout the address, the former president contrasted his accomplishments with the policies adopted by President Joe Biden.
“Already the Biden administration has proven that they are anti-jobs, anti-family, anti-borders, anti-energy, anti-women, and anti-science. In just one short month we have gone from America first to America last.”
He asserted that President Biden has “triggered a massive flood of illegal immigration” that will aide human traffickers and drug smugglers, refused to allow millions of children back to school, entered the Paris Climate Accord as the detriment of U.S. industry, cancelled the Keystone pipeline at the expense of not only losing 42,000 jobs but by removing America’s energy independence, and pushed policies that will end women’s sports.
President Trump also called for Republicans to repeal Section 230 liability protections for Big Tech giants such as Facebook and Twitter to combat the attack on free speech and protect the American discourse.
What is Trumpism?
President Trump asserted that the mission of the Republican Party and his movement – Trumpism – must be to create a future of good jobs, strong families, safe communities, a vibrant culture, and a great nation for all Americans.
“These are the convictions that define our movement today and must define the Republican party in the years ahead.”
He defined Trumpism as:
- Great trade deals such as the USMCA
- Low taxes and eliminating job killing legislation
- Strong borders with merit-based immigration
- No rioting in the streets
- Protection for the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms
- Policies that support the everyday American
- A strong military and taking care of veterans
- Belief that America is an exceptional Nation blessed by God
- Teach the truth about history
- Celebrate America’s heritage and traditions
- Respect the United States flag
- Patriotic education and oppose indoctrination of America’s youth
- Commit to defending the unborn
- Upholding Judeo-Christian values of the United States Founders and of its founding
- Embrace free thought, stand up to political correctness, and reject cancel culture
- Affirm that the U.S. Constitution means exactly what it says as written
- Support, not defund the police
- Stand up to China, discourage outsourcing, and ensure America dominates the future of the world
- Ensure fair, honest, and secure elections
Many lawsuits were brought before the Supreme Court claiming the lower courts, particularly the state supreme courts of Wisconsin, Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania allowed local officials or the state Supreme Court, to change election laws without legislative approval in violation of the Election Clause of the U.S. Constitution.
“This election was rigged, and the Supreme Court and other courts didn’t want to do anything about it,” said President Trump. “The Supreme Court didn’t have the courage to act but instead used process and lack of standing.”
He then accused local courts and local politicians of using the pandemic to cheat by changing the laws just days before the election. President Trump then laid out the framework to election reform, for fair and secure elections:
- One Election Day
- Eliminate mail-in voting
- Vote-by-mail should be reserved for members of the military, citizens out of the country, or those that are too sick to vote in person
- Legitimate reason to vote absentee
- Implement a National Voter ID
- Citizenship verification
- Universal signature matching
- Chain of Custody protection for every ballot
President Trump concluded by asking supporters to donate at www.donaldjtrump.com to support his ongoing efforts to fight Big Tech, the radical left and the D.C. establishment. He asked Republicans to not give up and to continue pushing forward.
“We will go on to victory. We will summon the spirits of generations of American patriots before us. Like those heroes who crossed the Delaware, conquered the Rockies, stormed the beaches, won the battles, and tamed the unknown frontiers, we will persist, and we will prevail.”