The Snohomish County Future Workforce Alliance (Alliance) is seeking public input on the 2020-2024 Local Area Plan. Required by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the Local Area Plan serves as a guide for Snohomish County’s workforce development system. The plan outlines the goals, objectives, and strategies to increase skill levels, employment, earnings, customer satisfaction, and return on workforce development investments as we work collaboratively to strengthen the county’s economic foundation. The timeline for the Local Area Plan is listed below:
- May 7, 2021 – June 7, 2021: Public comment period on Snohomish County Local Area Plan
- June 17, 2021: Future Workforce Alliance consideration to forward Local Area Plan to Washington Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board.
- Summer/Fall 2021 (Exact dates will be set later.):
- State comments on draft local plans transmitted to Local Workforce Development Boards following review.
- Final, signed local plans due to the Washington Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board and Employment Security Department.
- Washington Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board takes action on local plans on behalf of the Governor.
- Local plans are approved by the Governor.
- Local Chief Elected Officials and Local Workforce Development Boards notified by Washington Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board approval of their local plans (official correspondence to follow).
To comment on the draft Snohomish County 2020-2024 Local Area Plan, please email Simreet.Dhaliwal@snoco.org.