MUKILTEO, Wash., September 12, 2021 – For its Mukilteo City Council SPECIAL BUSINESS meeting on September 13, the following items are on the agenda for discussion/vote:
- Joint Parks and Arts Commission – City Council Update (AB21-74)
- 2022 Budget: Review Preliminary Budget Estimates (AB21-45)
The Mukilteo City Council is to discuss with Parks & Arts Commissioners past accomplishments and potential items for Parks and Arts Commission to work on in the coming year.
The second order of business will review of the 2022 preliminary budget estimates where a 1% property tax increase and a 0.5% water and wastewater franchise fee is being proposed. Several ideas submitted by Councilmembers reflected in the Preliminary Budget are listed below:
- Tree Planting Initiative: $10,000
- Dog Park Maintenance: $21,000
- Expanded Flower Basket Program: $16,000
- Suicide Prevention Effort: $5,000
- Gun Safety Initiatives: $7,000
- Dirt Jump Bike Course: $36,000
- Arts Funding: $10,676
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Training: $20,000
Mukilteo City Council Meeting Time and Location
The council meeting will be 6 p.m. on September 13, 2021. You may attend in person or participate via Zoom.
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81367397396 or attend 11930 Cyrus Way, Mukilteo, WA with social distancing guidelines in place.
For a link to the last meeting’s agenda, click here.