EDMONDS, Wash., September 22, 2021 – The once-a-year Edmonds Art Studio Tour returned in-person September 18 and 19, showcasing the works and studio spaces of 35 Edmonds-based artists throughout 21 studios, offering the public the opportunity to purchase works, chat with artists, and tour their creative spaces.
The event returned after going virtual last year, offering live and prerecorded videos that welcomed viewers into the lives and processes of local artists from glassblowing to encaustics. The 2021 in-person return was made possible by the volunteer time of the artists, contributions of sponsors, and funding from the Edmonds Arts Festival Foundation and the Edmonds Arts Commission Tourism Promotion Fund through the City of Edmonds Lodging Tax fund.
The mission of the Edmonds Art Studio Tour is to increase the visibility of the arts in Edmonds. Its purpose is to bring people to Edmonds to see, experience, and purchase art from local artists. The tour highlights private workspaces not usually open to the public, providing a more intimate look into how an artist lives and works. This event consists of a free, 2-day public tour of approximately 20 Edmonds-area art studios showcasing approximately 40 local artists, its mission statement states.
Artists selected to participate in the annual studio tour were chosen based on specific criteria, including a connection to the Edmonds community. These artists agreed to safely showcase their work while adhering to the restrictions on gathering in person. Their work, much of it for purchase, is currently featured on each artist’s website, and all are accessible via the Edmonds Art Studio Tour website.
Among the artists featured were the following:
- Mixed media painter Bryn Alaina Alberto
- Jewelry crafter Meredith Arnold,
- Enamel jewelry maker Bonnie AuBuchon,
- Oil and acrylic painter Angela Bandurka,
- Collagist Cheryl Brown,
- Encaustic and mixed media artist Whitney Buckingham,
- Ceramist Barbara Childs,
- Pen, ink, and watercolor artist Sue Coccia,
- Painted ceramist Jennie de Mello e Souza,
- Leatherworker Gayle DeBolt-Richins,
- Oil painter Andy Eccleshall,
- Sculptor Claire Faltesek,
- Mixed media painter Tracy Felix,
- Found object and beeswax assembler Lynn Garka
- Oil and pastel painter Janis Graves
- Acrylic and mixed media artist Lynn Hanson
- Acrylic and watercolor painter Martha Hurst
- Acrylic painter D’Elaine Johnson
- Undersea photographer Mary Bess Johnson
- Abstract oil painter Maery Lanahan
- Fine art watercolor artist Darlene Gentry Lucas
- Landscape oil painter David Marty
- Glass worker Lynn McManus
- Printmaker Chris Minor
- Sculptor Mike O’Day
- Encaustic painter Kim Parsley
- Ceramist Julie Perrine
- Mixed media artist Sue Robertson
- Ceramist Christopher Scamehorn
- Wildlife illustrator Kate Shinn
- Monotype printer Mona T. Smiley
- Glass fusers Lori and Joel Soderberg
- Bronze sculptor David Varnau
- Mixed media painter Cheryl Waale
- Wood and pottery artist Molly Winton
If you are an Edmonds-based artist interested in featuring your work and studio in future years, you can read the requirements and submit an application by visiting https://www.edmondsartstudiotour.com/forartists.