SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash., December 29, 2021 – With local solid waste companies understandably suspending services across Snohomish County due to hazardous road conditions, taking your garbage to the county dump is a viable option as we weather the impacts of Sunday’s snowfall.
Snohomish County operates three Transfer Stations to safely and efficiently handle large amounts of recycling and garbage for residents and businesses. These facilities are open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every day of the week except New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
The three facilities are:
- Airport Road Recycling & Transfer Station (ARTS) is located at 10700 Minuteman Drive Everett, WA 98204 (Google Maps). Telephone: 425-388-3425.
- North County Recycling & Transfer Station (NCRTS) is located at 19600 63rd Avenue NE Arlington, WA 98223 (Google Maps). Telephone: 425-388-3425.
- Southwest Recycling & Transfer Station (SWRTS) is located at 21311 61st Place West Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043 (Google Maps). Telephone: 425-388-3425.
To ensure adequate processing time, please be at the Transfer Station at least 30 minutes before closing time. Customers are responsible for unloading their own vehicles.
Facility Safety Rules
- No bare feet
- No alcohol
- No smoking
- No cell phone use
- No roughhousing
- No animals out of vehicles
- No children (under 12) out of vehicles
- No rodent-infested loads
Rates & Fees
Garbage Fee (Per Vehicle)
360 lbs. or less = $20, includes tax (minimum fee)
Over 360 lbs. = $105 per ton, plus tax
Yard / Clean Wood debris fee (Per Vehicle)
500 lbs. or less = $11, no tax (minimum fee)
Over 500 lbs. = $45/ton, no tax
The following vehicles are not permitted before 4 p.m. Monday thru Friday and before 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday:
- Trailers longer than 18 feet requiring manual unloading.
- Cargo vans longer than 26 feet requiring manual unloading.
- Non-hydraulic semi-trailers 30 feet to 53 feet in length require six (6) hours advance notice and are not allowed before 4 p.m. Monday thru Friday and before 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Top loaded/open top containers on rolling chassis or containers requiring to be top picked off the chassis.
- Vehicles with containers longer than 25 feet that do not have a hydraulic dump system.
- Dangerous or Moderate Risk waste. See the County’s Waste Restrictions for more information.
- Recycling area is limited to residential customers ONLY.
Note: All hydraulic dump style vehicles are allowed.
- Customer must wear facial coverings per guidelines.
- Customers must maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Brooms and shovels will not be provided to customers.
For more information including Drop Box and Houshold Hazardous Waste locations click here.