- 8:24 a.m. January 3, 2021: Lake Stevens School District cancelled classes for Monday. Jan. 3.
- 7:23 a.m. January 3, 2021: Edmonds School District cancelled classes for Monday. Jan. 3.
- 7:12 a.m. January 3, 2021: Northshore School District cancelled classes for Monday. Jan. 3.
- 6:45 a.m. January 3, 2021: Monroe School District cancelled classes for Monday. Jan. 3.
- 6:17 a.m. January 3, 2021: Snohomish School District cancelled classes for Monday. Jan. 3.
- 6 a.m. January 3, 2021: Mukilteo School District cancelled classes for Monday. Jan. 3.
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash., January 2, 2022 – Tonight school districts across the Snohomish County have issued alerts of delays for Monday, January 3, 2022.
We will be starting school two hours late on Monday, Jan. 3. There will be no out-of-district transportation, no AM/PM APPLE or Presidents Preschool, and no Skills Center or Regional Apprenticeship Program.
All schools are closed today, Monday, Jan. 3, due to unsafe road conditions.
Todas las escuelas están cerradas hoy, lunes, 3 de enero, debido a las condiciones peligrosas en las calles.
January 3, all schools in Everett Public Schools will start two hours late due to weather conditions. There will be no A.M. Preschool or A.M. ECEAP. District transportation will pick up students on their regular bus routes two hours later than normal, and there will be no out-of-district transportation. Click headline for impact chart and learn about programs affected by late starts. Stay safe and warm!
2 Hours Late, AM/PM Buses on snow routes. No out of district transportation; AM/PM ECEAP is canceled; all day ECEAP will follow a two hour late start schedule. Morning developmental preschool will be canceled; afternoon developmental preschool will be held as normal., Effective tomorrow – Mon Jan 3rd; LATE 2 HOURS
All Lake Stevens School District schools are closed today, Monday, Jan. 3. This includes the Distance Learning Academy. There will be no athletics or after school activities and no evening community facility rentals.
We had planned to start school two hours late today, but several issues led to our decision to close today. These include:
- Road conditions in neighborhoods are still extremely slushy and icy, and are unsafe for vehicle and pedestrian travel.
- The sidewalks and walkways on and around our campuses are extremely slushy and icy. While our crews are working hard to clear these areas, we are concerned for student and staff safety.
- A water pipe burst at Cavelero Mid High School and water will be shut off to the building for a portion of the day.
- A significant number of staff members are out ill today, leaving a staff shortage in schools and Transportation Department. While staffing shortages are a challenge, it is essential that anyone with symptoms of illness remain at home and get a COVID test.
- We will continue to monitor the weather forecast, and our maintenance and custodial staff will continue to work throughout the day to ready our buildings and campuses to welcome students back to school tomorrow.
- We know that changes to school schedules greatly impact our families, and we thank you for your continued flexibility and patience!
Due to continued compact snow and ice on neighborhood side streets and sidewalks, Northshore School District will be closed on Monday, January 3, 2022. All programs and activities are canceled. No extended day care.
Due to several inches of unanticipated snow overnight and unsafe road conditions, all schools in the Monroe School District will now be closed today, Monday, January 3. There will be no after school activities or athletics and no out of district transportation. We appreciate your understanding.
Mukilteo (Updated 6 a.m. Jan 3)
Mukilteo school classes have been canceled today (Monday, January 3) because of hazardous road conditions. Classes at the Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center, distance learning, and ECEAP preschool also will be canceled. The canceling of school also means that all other school events and activities have been canceled for today. This includes any scheduled sports contests, team practices, and after-school meetings. Information about the rescheduling of these events will be made available in the coming days.
Due to unanticipated significant snowfall throughout much of the district late last evening/early morning, as well as dropping temperatures, all Snohomish School District schools will be closed on Monday, January 3. We will update families around 1 p.m. today regarding the status of evening actvities. We appreciate your understanding regarding this evolving weather situation. Please stay safe and warm.