LYNNWOOD, Wash., January 16, 2022 – The National Weather Service forecasts the likelihood of rain and fog for the week of January 16 through January 23, in Lynnwood and throughout Snohomish County. Daily temperatures are to fluctuate between 35°F to 49°F.
We will kick off the week with fog. Rain is expected to end Thursday night followed by fog and overcast. Sunday is expected to be mostly sunny.
If you must drive in foggy conditions, keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Make your vehicle visible to others both ahead of you and behind you by using your low-beam headlights since this means your taillights will also be on. Use fog lights if you have them.
- Never use your high-beam lights. Using high beam lights causes glare, making it more difficult for you to see what’s ahead of you on the road.
- Leave plenty of distance between you and the vehicle in front of you to account for sudden stops or changes in the traffic pattern.
- To ensure you are staying in the proper lane, follow the lines on the road with your eyes.
- In extremely dense fog where visibility is near zero, the best course of action is to first turn on your hazard lights, then simply pull into a safe location such as a parking lot of a local business and stop.
- If there is no parking lot or driveway to pull into, pull your vehicle off to the side of the road as far as possible. Once you come to a stop, turn off all lights except your hazard flashing lights, set the emergency brake, and take your foot off of the brake pedal to be sure the tail lights are not illuminated so that other drivers don’t mistakenly run into you.
Upcoming Weather Forecast (Jan 16 to Jan 23)
- Tonight: Patchy fog before 10pm, then areas of fog after 11pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 37. Calm wind becoming south southeast around 6 mph in the evening.
- Monday (Jan. 17): A 30 percent chance of rain after 10am. Areas of fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 45. South wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Monday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 43. South southwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday (Jan 18): A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Light and variable wind.
- Tuesday Night: A 20 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 41. South southeast wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Wednesday (Jan 19): A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night: Rain, mainly after 4am. Low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Thursday (Jan 20): Rain, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 49.
- Thursday Night: A chance of rain before 10pm. Areas of fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Friday (Jan 21): Areas of fog before 10am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Friday Night: Areas of fog. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday (Jan 22): Areas of fog. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Saturday Night: Areas of fog. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday: Areas of fog. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 46.