Community Transit provides12 vehicles to local non-profits as part of Van GO program
Snohomish County, Wash. – Twelve Snohomish County non-profit organizations picked up passenger vans this week as part of Community Transit’s Van GO program. The Van GO program awards retired Community Transit vanpool vans or paratransit vehicles that would otherwise be sent to surplus auction.
The vans awarded this year will connect people in Snohomish County to legal services, allow kids to attend youth meetings and visit incarcerated parents, and help people grocery shop and visit a doctor, among other uses.
Photos are available of each of this year’s 12 Van GO recipients:
- Bethesda Lutheran Church (Mountlake Terrace)
- Evergreen Recovery Centers, LEAD Program (Everett)
- Faith Baptist Church (Arlington)
- The Foundation for Edmonds School District (Edmonds)
- Granite Falls Community Coalition (Granite Falls)
- Mari’s Place for the Arts (Everett)
- Mercy Watch (Mukilteo)
- Peoria Home (Everett)
- Project Girl Mentoring Program (Lynnwood)
- Stilly Valley Youth Dynamics (Arlington, Stanwood, Oso)
- Take the Next Step (Monroe)
- Vision Church (Everett)
For background information on these organizations and the Community Transit Van GO program, please visit bit.ly/VANGoAwards.