Stocks posted losses in a holiday-shortened trading week as the first-quarter earnings season kicked off and investors digested new inflation data. The Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.78%, while the Standard & Poor’s 500 fell 2.13%. The Nasdaq Composite index dropped 2.63% for the week. The MSCI EAFE index, which tracks developed overseas stock markets, lost 1.20%.1,2,3
This Week: Key Economic Data
- Tuesday: Housing Starts.
- Wednesday: Existing Home Sales.
- Thursday: Jobless Claims. Index of Leading Economic Indicators.
- Friday: Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) Composite Flash.
This Week: Companies Reporting Earnings
- Monday: Bank of America Corporation (BAC), J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT).
- Tuesday: Netflix, Inc. (NFLX), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT), Prologis, Inc. (PLD).
- Wednesday: Tesla, Inc. (TSLA), The Procter & Gamble Company (PG), Lam Research Corporation (LRCX), CSX Corporation (CSX).
- Thursday: AT&T, Inc. (T), United Airlines Holdings, Inc. (UAL), Snap, Inc. (SNAP), Blackstone, Inc. (BX), Union Pacific Corporation (UNP), Dow, Inc. (DOW).
- Friday: Verizon Communications, Inc. (VZ), American Express Company (AXP), KimberlyClark Corporation (KMB).
Electronic Filing Options for Military Families
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers a number of online resources for military members and their families. Some of these resources include:
- IRS Free File. This program offers online tax preparation, electronic filing and direct deposit of refunds, at no cost.
- Members of military and their families who have income below $72,000 can choose from any of the Free File tax software companies that the IRS has compiled.
- Free File Fillable Forms is available for those who have income above $72,000.
- Using Free File can help taxpayers figuring things like their earned income tax credit, child and dependent care credit and Recovery Rebate Credit.
- Miltax is another free tax resource available for the military community, offered through the Department of Defense.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific, individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional. Tip adapted from IRS.gov6
Footnotes and Sources
- The Wall Street Journal, April 14, 2022
- The Wall Street Journal, April 14, 2022
- The Wall Street Journal, April 8, 2022
- CNBC, April 12, 2022
- The Wall Street Journal, April 13, 2022
- IRS.gov, February 25, 2021
- Gardeners.com, April 9, 2021
Paul Ellis, CIMA® may be reached at 425.405.7720 or email@example.com.
This material was prepared by MarketingPro, Inc., and does not necessarily represent the views of the presenting party, nor their affiliates. This information has been derived from sources believed to be accurate. Please note – investing involves risk, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. The publisher is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional services. If assistance is needed, the reader is advised to engage the services of a competent professional. This information should not be construed as investment, tax or legal advice and may not be relied on for the purpose of avoiding any Federal tax penalty. This is neither a solicitation nor recommendation to purchase or sell any investment or insurance product or service, and should not be relied upon as such. All indices are unmanaged and are not illustrative of any particular investment.
Investment Advisor Representative, Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor. Registered Representative, Securities offered through Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a Broker/Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC. Cambridge and Ellis Wealth Management, LLC are not affiliated. The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee and have received this email in error, please reply to the sender to inform them of this fact. We cannot accept trade orders through email. Important letters, email, or fax messages should be confirmed by calling (425) 405-7720 . This email service may not be monitored every day, or after normal business hours. This material distributed via the MarketingPro system.