SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash., December 1, 2022 – School districts across the Snohomish County have issued alerts of delays and cancellations for Thursday, December 1, 2022.
December 1, 2022: All schools and bus routes are operating on normal schedules this morning. There is no Skills Center today.
Schools will start 2 hours late, Thursday, Dec. 1, except the following schools that will be closed:
- Brier Elementary – power outage
- Chase Lake Elementary – power outage
- Alderwood Early Childhood Center – road conditions at the school
School start and dismissal times:
- School starts two hours after the school’s regular start time: bit.ly/ESDStartDismiss.
- Students will be dismissed at regular dismissal times unless otherwise announced.
- Buses will arrive for student pick up two hours after the regular pick up time.
- No out-of-district transportation.
School breakfast and lunch:
- School breakfast will be available 30 minutes before schools start.
- School lunch will be provided as part of the school day.
Morning programs, including Edmonds Preschool and Edmonds Family Prek:
- No MORNING Move 60!
- No MORNING Edmonds Preschool or MORNING Family PreK
- Your student’s child care provider will contact you of their specific schedule and changes.
After school activities:
- All student activities (i.e. after-school athletics and academic clubs) take place as scheduled unless otherwise notified.
2-hour late start, buses on snow routes. Click snow routes, and impact chart to learn about programs affected by two-hour delay. We know you are the primary decision-maker for your children and count on you, as we do each parent or guardian of one of our students, to make those individual decisions about your children’s safety.
2 Hours Late, AM/PM Buses on snow routes. No out-of-district transportation; No activity bus
Thursday: All schools and bus routes on normal schedules. No Sno-Isle Skills Center today.
December 1, 2022: Schools are operating on a normal schedule today. No transportation restrictions.
School will start two hours late today, 12/1/22. This means school will start at the following times (not including Sky Valley Education Center):
Middle and High Schools: 9:50 a.m.
Elementary Schools: 10:55 a.m.
Buses will be on snow routes and will arrive at stops two hours later than the times listed on our website: www.monroe.wednet.edu/departments/transportation/snow-routes
There will be no out-of-district transportation to schools/programs (ROTC, Sno Isle Skills Center, McKinney Vento etc.) and no morning session of preschool.
Mukilteo School District schools will begin two hours late today because of hazardous conditions. School buses will operate on limited transportation routes. There will be no out of district transportation.
Alternative route pick-up and drop-off locations are on the district transportation website.
The late opening of school also means that morning preschool classes have been canceled, zero-period classes have been canceled, morning classes at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center have been canceled and that ECEAP classes have been canceled.
Afternoon and evening events activities may be held as scheduled if conditions improve today. Information about the status of those events will be announced later today.
You can find more information on the district website at www.mukilteoschools.org.
Please stay warm and stay safe.
Northshore School District (nsd.org): Northshore School District is operating with a two hours late start and will be using snow bus routes due to inclement weather and icy road conditions.
- Buses start 2 hours late on snow routes. Snow routes can be viewed here: www.nsd.org/our-district/departments/transportation/snow-bus-routes
- All partial programs are canceled.
- No ATI Networks, Sorenson and Woodmoor preschool/pre-K programs (Ready Start, ECEAP, and Phonology) and Head Start at Kenmore, Dartmoor, Brocks, or Dolan Academy.
- No in-district CTE satellite shuttles, all students should remain at their home school.
- No out-of-district transportation;
- No zero period classes;
- No before school activities
We will continue to monitor weather and let you know if there are any changes to the after school activity schedule. As a reminder, visit www.nsd.org/our-district/departments/transportation/snow-bus-routes for snow bus routes. Please check with your childcare provider regarding services.
Snohomish School District: Due to outside conditions, there will be a 2-hour delayed start on Thursday, December 1, in the Snohomish School District.
The following will apply:
- Buses are on limited transportation (snow) routes and schedules (the decision will remain in effect for the entire day). The times and locations on the limited transportation (snow) pdfs reflect normal pick-up times – please add two (2) hours for the two-hour school delay.
- All regular full-day classes will be held (start two hours later than regular schedules.) Classes will release at normal afternoon release times.
- AIM High School’s morning session will be held from 10 a.m. to noon and the afternoon session from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- No a.m. and/or p.m. half-day special education preschool or ECEAP.
- No morning elementary band.
- No zero-hour classes.
- No morning Sno-Isle Technical Skills Center.
- No out-of-district transportation.
- The Snohomish Aquatic Center will open at its regularly scheduled time.
Additional transportation and weather-related information is available at www.sno.wednet.edu/weather.