Marysville opens grant fund for human services projects
MARYSVILLE, Wash., February 5, 2023—Non-profit organizations that provide human services primarily for low- and moderate-income Marysville residents are invited to apply for grant funds from the City of Marysville. Applications are due by 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 1.
The intent is to fund basic human needs of individuals and families including:
- Finding and retaining gainful employment
- Support in times of personal or family crisis
- Assistance in overcoming family or individual problems
- Help in gaining access to available, appropriate services
Agencies eligible for grant funding must provide services within the City of Marysville and meet the following criteria:
- 501(c)(3) status or be sponsored by a 501(c)(3) agency;
- Meet minimum insurance requirements ($1M/occurrence, $2M annual aggregate);
- Be willing and able to accept reimbursement for funds;
- Regularly track and submit reports regarding services;
- Serve City of Marysville residents; and
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination.
The most competitive applications will identify and address a key need for Marysville residents and support that need with data. They should explain the services that will be provided, the program’s target population, and how program effectiveness will be measured. Applications should also include planned marketing and outreach efforts, how the program serves diverse populations, program budget, and affordability and accessibility.
A grant review committee will review and score applications to determine the award selections. Programs that are awarded city grant funds must be completed by Dec. 31, 2023, with request for cost reimbursement submitted by Jan. 31, 2024.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.marysvillewa.gov/1210/Human-Services-Grant-Program. If you have questions, please contact program manager Dave Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-363-8403.
SOURCE: City of Marysville press release