MARYSVILLE, Wash., June 4, 2023—Marysville residents, business owners and other community members are invited to share their priorities, ideas and concerns as the city prepares to update its Comprehensive Plan. An open house is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20, at the Marysville Civic Center, 501 Delta Ave.
The Comprehensive Plan is a policy document that provides guidance for the city’s future growth and development over a 20-year period. This update will address the planning period 2024-2044 as required by state law. The last major update took place in 2015.
The Open House will include a brief presentation including:
- Population and employment growth that the city is required to plan for;
- State, regional and county plans and standards that the city’s plans must align with, including new requirements on housing, the environment and equity; and
- Preliminary strategies and concepts for accommodating growth while preserving the community’s unique character and history.
The city is seeking public thoughts and feedback on these topics:
- Population and employment growth patterns and strategies;
- Housing design, housing options and affordability;
- The natural environment, climate change concerns and resiliency measures;
- The local economy, business environment and needs, and employment opportunities;
- Transportation options (motor vehicles, biking, walking, transit), improvements and needs;
- Parks and open space areas, improvements and needs;
- Emergency services, police and schools; and
- Characteristics of the community and your neighborhood that you like and areas where improvements are needed.
For more information, visit https://www.marysvillewa.gov/1211/2024-Comprehensive-Plan-Update.