Extended: Congressional Art Competition submission due June 1- Lynnwood Times
DUE DATE EXTENDED: All artwork must be submitted no later than Monday, June 1, at 4:00 p.m. (was May 31). Due to COVID-19, submissions may be emailed to CongressionalArt.WA02@mail.house.gov.
Each spring, the U.S. House of Representatives holds a nationwide high school arts competition. The Congressional Art Competition is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in the nation, as well as in our congressional district. It began in 1982 to provide an opportunity for members of Congress to encourage and recognize the artistic talents of their young constituents. Since then, over 650,000 high school students have been involved with the nationwide competition.
The Congressional Art Competition is open to all high school students in the Second District. The winner of our district’s competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol with other winning pieces from around the country.
Art works entered in the contest may be up to 26 inches by 26 inches (including the frame) and may be up to 4 inches in depth. The art work may be:
- Paintings – including oil, acrylics, and watercolor
- Drawings – including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
- Prints – including lithographs, silkscreen, and block prints
- Mixed Media
- Computer-generated art
All entries must be an original in concept, design and execution. One submission per student will be accepted.
DUE DATE EXTENDED: All artwork must be submitted no later than Monday, June 1, at 4:00 p.m. Due to COVID-19, submissions may be emailed to CongressionalArt.WA02@mail.house.gov.
Submissions may also be mailed to:
Office of Rep. Rick Larsen
Re: Congressional Art Competition
Wall Street Building
2930 Wetmore Avenue, Suite 9F
Everett, WA 98201
If you wish to submit your artwork in person to the Everett office, please call 425-252-3188 to schedule an appointment.
Before you submit your art, please take a moment to review the following checklist and ensure that:
- Artwork is no larger than 26″ x 26″ x 4″ when framed
- Eye hooks or equivalent must be attached at the back of the artwork
- Student Information and Release Form is attached to the back of the artwork or attached to email submission.
- Artwork should have a label affixed to the back/included in email with the student’s Name, Address, Phone Number, Title, Medium, Congressmember’s name, State and District.
If you would like more information on the annual Congressional District Art Competition, please call 425-252-3188.
To submit your artwork, please download and print this Student Consent Form. This form must be attached to the artwork that is entered. If you cannot print the form, please contact our office for a copy.