Art Walk Edmonds’ second annual Wreath Walk scheduled for November 18th through December 16th
Edmonds, WA, September 21, 2021 – Last year, when pandemic restrictions were in effect, Art Walk Edmonds started a new tradition for the downtown Edmonds of hanging original, artist-designed and decorated wreaths in select storefronts during the holiday season. It was a smashing success, and Art Walk Edmonds is continuing this tradition this year!
For this event to happen, talented artists are needed to design a wreath. Are you up for the challenge?
AWE Wreath Details:
- Artists who are interested in participating need to apply by October 1st with a concept and description for a wreath. (A sketch would be helpful). Application is online at https://www.artwalkedmonds.com/wreath-walk-edmonds
- Wreaths should be festive, but not necessarily holiday-themed. They do need to be family-friendly. No political themes, please. Feel free to think outside the “wreath” and design using your own unique style. Wreath materials must be non-perishable.
- Wreaths will all be 24” in circumference. Art Walk Edmonds will provide the wreath base. You, as the artist, will need to choose from a base of faux evergreen, grapevine, or straw (pictures down below).
- Art Walk Edmonds will jury wreath concepts and let artists know if their wreath has been chosen by October 8th.
- Art Walk Edmonds will match each artist’s wreath with a location in downtown Edmonds for hanging.
- Each approved artist will get a stipend of $150 to help cover costs of the wreath that the artist designs. (A check will be sent to the artist once wreath has been hung.)
- Wreaths must be completed and hung NO LATER than November 18th. Please provide a picture of the wreath on a neutral background for the website.
- AWE encourages the wreath artist to be in attendance for the November 18th and the December 16th Art Walk Edmonds (5-8pm) to talk about their wreath, their artwork, and to help promote the online wreath auction.
- Every wreath will include a biography and contact information for the wreath’s artist to be hung by the wreath.
- A picture of the wreath, location, and biography will be included on the Art Walk Edmonds website.
- All wreaths will become the property of Art Walk Edmonds and will be auctioned off during the month they are hanging.
Please send any questions or suggestions to Art Walk Edmonds at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.298.7947. Please feel free to share this opportunity with your artistic friends!
Art Walk Edmonds is held monthly year-round in the picturesque waterfront town of Edmonds. It consists of new art displayed all month long and an Art Walk held on the third Thursday. With multiple downtown galleries and businesses hosting local and regional artists, Art Walk Edmonds attracts visitors from throughout the greater Seattle metropolitan area. This non-profit 501(c)(3) organization’s mission is to expose the regional community to all types of art, including fine art to music, dance, theatre, performance art, culinary art, and the written word.