Evergreen State Fair 2022, Everything You Need to Know!
MONROE, Wash., August 24, 2022 – We are so excited to be opening the fair gates as “The Show Must Go On” for the 2022 Evergreen State Fair! The full fair is back this year with your new and returning vendors, carnival rides, animal barns, displays and exhibits, entertainment and more.
This year’s theme “The Show Must Go On” is about carrying on the tradition of the Evergreen State Fair even with so many unknowns. The Evergreen State Fair is a place for community, a place to celebrate tradition, and make new memories. Snohomish County officials hope that the 2022 Fair will bring joy and tradition back to your family’s summer festivities. Enjoy the wonder of experiencing something new, the sweet nostalgia of revisiting old favorites, and the beauty of sharing all of this in community.
- August 25-30 and September 1-5, 2022 (closed on Wed. August 31)
- Ticket booth opens 10:00 am daily
- Gate open: 10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. August 25-30 and September 1-4
- 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. September 5
- 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. August 25-30 and September 1-4
- 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. September 5
- Regular (13-61 yrs): $16 Weekday/$18 Weekend/$14 Labor Day
- Senior (62-89 yrs); Military w/ID; Youth (6-12 yrs): $12 any day/$10 Labor Day
- Seniors (90+) and kids 5 yrs and under: Free
- Parking: $10 weekday/$15 weekend
- Purchase advance discount admission, group, carnival passes by August 24 at 7 pm and save!
- *New Weekday Round-up Package (4 admission + 1 parking): $50
- Gate Admission Specials: Senior Day August 29 (half off tickets)
The July 1-16 Food Drive replaced the traditional Opening Day Food Drive. 17,615 lbs. of food were donated and donors received a free weekday ticket to the fair. These donations benefited the Snohomish County Food Bank Coalition.
2022 FAIR HONOREE: Kathy Van Buskirk
Kathy has volunteered at the Evergreen State Fair every year for the past 20 + years working in the horse arena office helping with registration, ribbons, solving problems and answering questions at the office window. She is the first to arrive in the morning and the last to leave at night for the 10 days 4-H horses are at the Fair. She also works at all the 4-H Horse events at the Fairgrounds More on Kathy HERE. Kathy will be honored in the Opening Day Ceremony at the 2022 Fair (8/25 at 2 pm at the Courtyard Stage).
2022 CENTENNIAL FARM FAMILY: The Ellingsen Family
In 1909 John Ellingsen purchased 120 acres near the mouth of the Stillaguamish River where he began cultivating oats and dairying. He ran a herd of 60 Holstein dairy cows and used oats grown on the farm for feed. He sold the surplus oats by shipping them to Seattle by paddleboat.
The farm saw many changes over the coming decades as they incorporated modern technology and new developments from the cutting edge of agricultural. They were the first in the area to have an automobile and purchased their first farm tractor in 1937. The farm also started cultivating peas in the 1930s, selling the peas to a local cannery and using the pea vines for silage. Clarence and the farm were bolstered by the addition of his sons Clyde and Harold who became full-time parts of the family farm endeavors in the 1940s.
Today the Ellingsen farm fields are producing potatoes, corn, forage, peas and vegetable seed crops.
The Ellingsen Family will be honored at this year’s Evergreen State Fair during opening ceremonies (Thursday, 8/25 at the Courtyard Stage).
WHAT’S NEW AND/OR SPECIAL?
Brad’s World Reptiles: This exhibit is a truly unique experience where visitors embark on an adventure that is enhanced through interactions with amazing live reptiles, amphibians, and other exotic species. 10:30 am – 9 pm daily in the Event Center #604 (10:30 am – 7:00 pm on Labor Day).
All-Star Stunt Dog Show: This must-see show will entertain people of all ages. From back flips, handstands, big air stunts, to amazing tricks; these “All-Star Stunt Dogs” (all rescue dogs) are thrilling! See them daily: 1 pm, 3 pm and 5 pm south of the indoor arena
Laser Queen: Free laser show to the songs of the band Queen: 8:30 p.m. Monday, August 29th. Free with fair admission!
SeeClickFix: We will be using the SeeClickFix app as a technology innovation for fairgoers to report maintenance and facility issues. See a bathroom that needs attention? Sink that is clogged? Use the QR code posted at that location to report it directly to our maintenance staff so they can promptly address it.
Morning of Dreams
Nationally recognized as an award winner for removing barriers in Parks, Evergreen Morning of Dreams is a special morning event for children and adults with disabilities or special needs to experience the fun of the Fair in a calmer, sensory-friendly setting. Evergreen Morning of Dreams will be on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. No special ticket is needed, general fair admission applies. More information HERE.
Wednesday, August 31 the fair is closed: We are 8/31 to give staff and volunteers a day to clean and sanitize the fair park, change over the barns and rotate the animals with no public on the grounds and prepare for the second half of the fair. The Evergreen State Fair will be 11 days this year instead of 12.
GRANDSTAND CONCERT SERIES
Tuesday, August 30 – Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts (Country Rock) PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
- Show at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets: $40-$70
Thursday, September 1 – Scotty McCreery (Country) PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
- Show at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets: $38-$68
Friday, September 2 – Bethel Music (Christian) PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
- Show at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets: $30 – $55
Tickets can be purchased at Etix.com or at the Fair Pass Booth now through day of the concert. All tickets include fair gate admission (a $16 value).
FAIR ON A BUDGET
Purchase your $32 Unlimited Ride Wristbands by August 24 and save $5! You can purchase the advance wristbands online at Etix.com (fee applies) or at the Fair Pass Booth (no additional fee).
- Weekday Admission Pack: New this year is one heck of a deal! Our new Weekday Roundup Ticket Package includes four tickets and one parking pass for only $50! We are encouraging fair guests to enjoy all the amazing things we have to offer on our six weekdays to spread out capacity and avoid crowded weekends. Purchase advance discount admission, group, carnival passes by August 24 and save!
- Kids 5 and under are always FREE!
There are HUNDREDS of free things to do at the Fair that are included with your gate admission price! Here’s a list of a few of them to get you started on planning your day at the Fair!
- Courtyard Stage – A variety of musical acts will take place on stage for 11 days. Acts like the Blue Mariah Band, Danny Vernon’s Illusions of Elvis, Inochi Taiko drummers, Mexican Folkloric Dancers Bailadores de Bronce, local bands, the Reptileman and more!
- Roving Entertainment – From a one man band, balloon twister, to comedy – they will surprise you!
- Contests – Schedule HERE. Sign-ups are first-come, first-entered on site. This year we have: Egg toss, water balloon toss, bubble gum blowing, quarter in the haystack, frisbee throwing, kid’s steer roping
- International Lumberjack Show – Watch as axes are thrown, logs are rolled and Lumberjacks race to the top of 60 foot poles! This family friendly event will be sure to have your jaws dropped. Daily shows at 12:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. (no 7:00 p.m. show on Labor Day).
- Sow and Litter Display – Stop by barn #513 to see how old they are when you visit!
- Sky Valley Antique Tractor Display – Come visit the Judging Arena area to see the large collection of antique tractors! If you have little ones, they can race around a roped off track in a tractor their own size!
- Aztec Indian Dancers – 2 pm & 6 pm daily (no 6 pm show on Labor Day). Frontier Land.
- Free Fireworks on Opening Day! 9 pm in the Grandstands
- Kid’s Farmer for a Day – In Barn #260 – Pick an Apple, Milk a Cow, Dig up a Potato, Gather Eggs – Be a Farmer!
- Goat Playground – See goats play and frolic! East of barn #609
DAILY SCHEDULES, EVENTS and MORE!
Daily Schedules and Special Displays – A full list of daily events can be found online HERE.
- August 25 – 30 and September 1: 4-H Horse Shows
- August 25 – 27: 5:00 p.m. Western Regional/Open Class Clydesdale Show
- August 28: 2:00 p.m. Western Regional Clydesdale Show
- August 28: 5:00 p.m. WA State Draft Horse and Mule Extravaganza (featuring WA. Pullers Association)
- August 29-30: 5:00 p.m. WA State Draft Horse and Mule Extravaganza
- Wed. August 31: Fair is Closed
- September 3-4, 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Snohomish County Western Games
- Sept. 3: 7 p.m., Pro-West Rodeo – “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” (donations support American Cancer Society in Washington)
- Sept. 4: 7 p.m., Pro-West Rodeo – “Military Appreciation” (donations support Disabled American Veterans)
- Sept. 5: 2 p.m., Pro-West Rodeo – “Cowboy Crisis Fund” (donations support those injured in the sport of rodeo)
- September 5, 10:30 am – 3 pm: Mini Horse Show (outdoor covered arena)
Evergreen SPEEDWAY Events
- FRI Aug. 26th — Monster Trucks – Megasaurus, Youth Hornets, Buses, Mini Bump to Pass and Fireworks: Doors 4pm, Fan Fest 5:40pm, Show 6:55pm Buy Friday Monster Truck Tickets Here
- SAT Aug. 27th — Monster Trucks – Megasaurus, Hornets, Buses, Dwarf Cars: Doors 3pm, Fan Fest 4:50pm, Show 5:55pm Buy Saturday Monster Truck Tickets Here
- SUN Aug. 28th — Monster Trucks (Matinee)- Megasaurus, Dwarf Cars, Vintage Modifieds, Youth Hornets: Doors 12pm, Fan Fest 1:50pm, Show 2:55pm Buy Sunday Monster Truck Tickets Here
- SAT Sept. 3th — Saturday Races – Mini Stocks, SF8, Street Stocks, OLF8, WMRA: Doors 4pm, Show 6:00pm Buy Sprint Series Tickets Here
- SUN Sept. 4th — Buses, Boats, Hornets, Stinger 8s, V8 Extremes and Fireworks!: Doors 2pm, Show 6:00pm Buy Demo Derby Tickets Here
- Mon Sept. 5th — 425 Motorsports Auto X: 12:00pm: FREE (with paid gate admission – discounted Labor Day admission)
*All paid race tickets include gate admission to the Fair
AS A REMINDER
Clean Air Fair Continues
For the health and safety of all our guests, smoking and vaping of any kind is prohibited inside the Fairgrounds and within 25 feet of the entrances.
Hand Washing Stations
For the safety of humans and animals alike, please wash hands after touching animals and leaving individual barns. You’ll find hand washing stations outside most barns and 300 hand sanitizer stations around the fair park.
Equipment for Rent
Wheelchairs, power scooters, and wagons are available for rent on a first-come, first-serve basis at the West and East Information Booths.
Zero Waste Fair: Did you know that Snohomish County’s Evergreen State Fair is the Evergreenest Fair Ever? We were the first Fair in the Country to implement a Zero Waste initiative in 2014 with a goal of diverting 100% of Fair generated waste from the landfill! Learn more here.
For All information: EvergreenFair.org
STAY UP TO DATE WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Follow updates, highlights, tag us and more on our social channels.
One thought on “Evergreen State Fair 2022, Everything You Need to Know!”
Pingback: Evergreen State Fair Park says goodbye to Building 400 after nearly 70 years of memories - Lynnwood Times