MUKILTEO, December 6, 2022—On December 10, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., the Mukilteo Police Department is hosting a Gun Buyback event, where participants can exchange unwanted firearms for Visa Gift Cards. The event will take place at the Mukilteo Police Department located at 10500 47th Pl W, Mukilteo, WA 98275.
No registration is required to participate in the program. Participant identity is anonymous, and staff will not log any identifying information from participants. Please note: there are security cameras at the Mukilteo Police Department for public safety.
How to participate in the “Gun Buyback?”
- Arrive at the Mukilteo Police Department in your vehicle.
- Any firearm you are trading in needs to be unloaded and placed in the trunk or backseat of your vehicle, otherwise out of reach.
- Remain in your vehicle and await instruction from Mukilteo PD Staff.
- A staff person will be there to assist you.
- For relinquishing their firearm(s), participants will receive $50 for handguns, and $100 for long guns (rifles, shotguns, etc.).
Firearms exchanged through this program that are not stolen or linked to other crimes will be melted down as part of the Mukilteo Police Department’s annual firearm destruction process.
The Mukilteo Gun Buyback was approved by Mukilteo City Council as part of the annual budget. The program aims to reduce gun violence within the community and to reduce the likelihood of accidental injuries and suicides by firearms by providing residents an opportunity to voluntarily relinquish ownership of unwanted firearms in exchange for pre-paid gift cards.
For more information on the Gun Buyback Program please email email@example.com