Upcoming 34th Anniversary Law Day celebration event
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash., April 6, 2023—The South Division of Snohomish County District Court is proud to celebrate the 34th Anniversary of hosting Law Day. This year Law Day will take place on Thursday, May 11, 2023, from 9:00am to 2:45pm at 20520 68th Ave W Lynnwood WA 98036.
This event is a success due to the long-standing dedication of Judge Jeffrey Goodwin, Judge Beth Fraser, Judge Douglas Fair, the staff of the South Division as well as the many volunteers from local city and state law enforcement agencies, the Washington State Bar Association and the Snohomish County DUI & Target Zero Task Force. The theme for Law Day this year is “Cornerstones of Democracy: Civics, Civility, and Collaboration.”
Approximately 750 fifth-grade students from the Edmonds School District will be participating in four events to commemorate, educate and celebrate the legal system.
- A criminal mock trial, under the direction of Attorney Paul Hanson, will increase students’ awareness of the criminal justice process.
- Lieutenant Chris Caiola and Trooper Kelsey Harding of the Washington State Patrol will host a Question & Answer session with the students to educate and answer questions on what it is like to be a law enforcement officer.
- Snohomish County DUI & Target Zero Traffic Safety Task Force Coordinator Stacey McShane, along with officers from local city and state law enforcement agencies, will present a program on traffic safety, seatbelt/child restraint use, and being good passenger.
- Trooper Patrick Williams of the Washington State Patrol Trooper along with K-9 Koda, Officer Heidi Froisland of the Mountlake Terrace Police Department along with K-9 Harley, and Officer Jake Shorthill of the Lynnwood Police Department along with K-9 Chase will be educating students on the use of K-9 officers in the field.
- The Snohomish County Sheriff’s BearCat, a DUI crash car, and police motorcycles will also be on display for students to view.
Law Day is a national event, held annually. These programs help students develop a deeper understanding of our legal system, foster a positive relationship between the students and law enforcement, and give students early exposure to career opportunities.
One thought on “Upcoming 34th Anniversary Law Day celebration event”
Pingback: Lynnwood Judge Valerie Bouffiou announces candidacy to retain seat - Lynnwood Times