FeaturedLatest NewsNews

A violent 48-hours in South County leaves one dead

LYNNWOOD, Wash., April 22, 2023—Within 40 hours after Edmonds Police Officers were investigating a fatal stabbing in the WinCo Foods parking lot on Wednesday evening, they were responding to an incident involving a female shooting victim taken into Swedish Edmonds Hospital.

At approximately 4:30 a.m. on Friday morning, a female arrived with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound at Swedish Edmonds Hospital. Edmonds Police discovered the incident occurred near the 19800 Block of 48 Avenue W in Lynnwood.

It was determined that the female had been shot by a known male and all parties involved knew each other.

SWAT was called to apprehend the suspect, but no one was found at the location.

Lynnwood Police reports that this investigation is ongoing and there is no danger to the public. No description nor name of the male suspect has been released.

Less than 24 hours earlier at 11:30 a.m., Seattle Police arrested 43-year-old Ian Bramel-Allen in connection with the fatal stabbing of a 37-year-old man in the Edmonds’ WinCo Foods parking lot Wednesday night. During a Thursday presser, Commander Josh McClure of the Edmonds Police Department thanked witnesses and community members in their tips that led to the arrest of Bramel-Allen.

The original incident occurred shortly before 8:45p.m. on April 19 when the 37-year-old victim walked from a nearby store to his vehicle. Bramel-Allen allegedly stabbed the victim multiple times in the chest then stole the vehicle before fleeing the scene.

Responding Edmonds Police officers provided medical treatment to the victim until fire/EMS arrived, but unfortunately, the victim succumbed to his injuries before being transported from the scene. Multiple witnesses provided officers with crucial information about what had occurred.

The victim’s vehicle was found abandoned in Seattle early Thursday morning and was impounded for evidence. Bramel-Allen was spotted a few hours later and fled into Volunteer Park located in the Seattle area. Seattle Police apprehended Bramel-Allen after a short foot chase, then was taken to Harbor View Medical Hospital for self-inflicted wound to his neck before being turned over to the custody of Edmonds Police.

Bramel-Allen is expected to be charged with first-degree murder and first-degree robbery, both of which are Class A felonies with a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Investigators have determined this was likely not a random attack and are still investigating how the victim and suspect knew each other and why they were together at this location. Also, Edmonds police shared that the stolen vehicle did not belong to the victim who died, but he had been allowed to use it.

According to Washington State Patrol, Bramel-Allen has been arrested nine times before and has two felonies for drug-related charges on his criminal record.

Anyone with information about the incident or Bramel-Allen’s whereabouts before or after the incident are asked to contact the Edmonds Police Department via email at policetips@edmondswa.gov or by calling EPD at 425-771-0200 and reference EPD case 23-7966.



2 thoughts on “A violent 48-hours in South County leaves one dead

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *